Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Challenge #7 - Use a Butterfly Theme

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

This week we have a theme for you to try! You must use the theme and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 





The styles are explained HERE.



Clean & Simple

tracey_CC7

When using Copic markers create a separate panel so the recipient will not see the marker bleed on the inside.



Select a simple image and a large sentiment and you have the makings of a perfect CAS card.


Clean & Graphic


Match the feeling and weight of the lines in your font and image for a unified, clean feeling.




A layer of colored vellum can add softness to a clean & graphic card.

Clean & Layering




I just randomly cut some patterned papers on the diagonal and glued them down to create the background for this pretty butterfly.

Kerin Sylvester

I was inspired to use an assortment of butterflies to incorporate the theme, even a butterfly girl :)


Shabby Chic


I love the butterfly in the inspiration pic so I went about finding a similar one in my stamping supplies.  I think it's not a bad match (minus the blue tinge on it's wing!).



I found inspiration in the damask pattern on this pretty butterfly - I incorporated a black and vanilla color palette with a splash of pink and a pinch of elegant silver!



Freestyle Collage


My card doesn't deviate much from the inspiration because I loved the image and colours as they are.

Cindy Lovell 


I was drawn to these beautiful colors of the inspiration photo,so i mainly focused on them.And the dots on the butterfly,inspired me to create my dotted background!


Classy & Elegant



I used lots of layers, texture and shine to achieve an elegant look.


Cathy Weber


An elegant embossing folder adds interest without taking away from the butterfly focal point.


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, April 14 at Noon (PST).


11 comments:

  1. Wow! So much beauty! Love the Design Team inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing challenge blog and great inspirations from everyone. Playing along for the first time here. Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful challenge! So many different styles, and awesomely illustrated by the DT. I will try to play along, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB challenge & wonderful DT samples, so happy to play along :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It helps so much to see the beautiful creations by the design team1 Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love playing along with your challenges. This design team is the best! Gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and layered coming at you! Thank you for another fantastic challenge idea and for all your beautiful sample cards designed for us in the various styles! You guys RULE!! (And I like the three-column gallery, too. It's nice and easy on these old eyes. Thank you!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the different styles here! Thanks for the inspiration ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to have come across your challenge blog, thanks for the great challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards ladies, I love butterflies so was so happy to take part in this one :)

    ReplyDelete