Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Card Concept #57 {The Rainbow Connection}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


Deanne Kay     

Before we get onto this week's challenge we have a sad announcement to make...we are saying farewell to two of our designers...Deanne Kay and Laura Jane. Both ladies have been with us for a long while and we will miss working with them. Of course, this also means that we have two new designers joining our team...please help us to welcome these two talented ladies!

(Freestyle Collage)

Hi, my name is Karen Davis, I live in Auckland, New Zealand with my husband of 22 years, Graham.   My spare time is spent making cards, nearly always in the small hours of the night/morning. I started dabbling in paper crafting nine years ago, but it wasn’t until 2013 that I became aware of the huge online card making community and challenges. I started my own blog so I could become a part of that wonderful crafting world. I am returning to The Card Concept as a designer and I am delighted to be a part of this amazingly talented design team. I will be sharing the Freestyle Collage Style with Michele Henderson.

My Photo
(Shabby Chic/Vintage)

I am a St. Patrick's day baby from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada with a passion for card making. When I'm not in the studio, I'm a Grade One elementary teacher, happy wife to Tony, proud mom to Jake, and loving Grandmoe to Ashlynn and Beckham.  I am honoured to join The Card Concept as a Shabby Chic designer!


We are starting back with a bang of colour and we hope you are inspired to join us!



Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

September Shabby Chic Guest Designer

The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


Clean & Simple

Sandie 

I was inspired by the Rainbow colours

Rahmat

I was inspired by the rainbow colors.

Clean & Graphic


I was inspired by the graduated rainbow colours! 

I was inspired by the plants and the fun colors on the pots!

Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired by the rainbow colors!

Laurie Schmidt
I was inspired by the colors.


Shabby Chic

Julee Tilman
I was inspired by the cascading colors and the weathered door

Maureen Plut
I was inspired by the colours and wooden door.

Freestyle Collage

Karen Davis
I was inspired by the colors, the woodgrain and the greenery.

Michele K. Henderson
Those colorful rainbow flower pots really inspired me this week!

Classy & Elegant

Ilina Crouse
I was inspired by the rainbow colors and the dark background


Mackie Robertson
I was inspired by the pretty rainbow colors!

Mixed Media


I was inspired by the colors.


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, September 19th at Noon (PST).





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the new DT members and thank you to Deanne and Laura Jane! The Team concept inspiration cards are rainbow-colored masterpieces!! Thank you for a fun challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge. My apologies; for some reason I linked twice but didn't know how to delete one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I don't know why the linky added my link 3 times... not me promise LOL!
    Please remove the additional ones Thanks!

    ReplyDelete