Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Card Concept #77 {Weathered Florals}

Welcome to The Card Concept!  We are so thrilled to be back after our summer break! If you did not see our previous post, we introduced our Design Team and welcomed our new designer, Ruth Andrews- please check out all of the details here!

Every two weeks we post our inspiration photo challenge and we hope you will join in with us and create a card for our challenge gallery.  Feel free to use any of the styles we have defined or create your own with a combination of styles.  We want you to have fun with our inspiration!




Our design team members will also be selecting a style and will explain how they were inspired by the challenge.  So come and join us!  We'd love you to try your hand at a brand new style of card making or feel free to work in your comfort zone.  It is totally up to you!

The styles are explained HERE.

Now for the design team and their inspiration: 



Ruth's Inspiration: I was inspired to try Shabby Chic 
by the woodgrain panel and the texture on the bag.

Becca's Inspiration: My Mixed Media creation was inspired
 by the pretty pink blooms and the textured bag. 
incorporated some burlap in the background to get a textural 
feel and kept my overall design light and airy.

Vicki Finger


Vicki's Inspiration: I was inspired by the rustic elements 
in the Inspiration Image and tried to use similar 
elements for Clean and Layered my card.

Julie Gearinger
Julie's Inspiration- I was inspired by the whitewash 
on the door, the different tones of gray as well as the 
beautiful flowers and all of the texture for my 
Shabby Chic/Mixed Media card.

Kim Heggins
Kim's Inspiration: I was inspired by the layers 
of the beautiful pink flowers for my 
Clean and Layered card.


Michele will be sharing with us soon :-)

Nancy Penir
Nancy's Inspiration: Loved the rustic layers and 
casual side swept flowers that inspired my 
Clean and Layered card.

Maureen Plut
Maureen's Inspiration: I was inspired by the wood and 
flowers for my Clean and Layered card.

Susan Powell
Susan's Inspiration: I was inspired by the bouquet and 
the woodgrain to make my Clean and Layered card.

Angel Rivera
Angel's Inspiration: Those pretty pink flowers and the 
distressed wood inspired by Clean and Layered card!

Mackie Robertson
Mackie's Inspiration: My Classy and Elegant style card 
was inspired by the beautiful flowers and 
that gorgeous door!


Our Rules:

1.  Use the challenge inspiration to create a card.
2.  Use one of the challenge styles to create a card (or if you prefer, combine a few styles).
3.  Explain in a post which style or combination of styles you used.
4.  Link your post using our linky (please link to the actual post on your blog and not just your blog).
5.  Comment on the cards ahead of you and behind you in the linky.  Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will close on Monday, September 18th  
at 12:00 pm EDT.



3 comments:

  1. what a wonderfully gorgeous inspirational photo! I can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this beautiful inspiration photo...so very pretty! I love all of the gorgeous cards from the design team and the entrants!

    ReplyDelete